Friday, August 12

uhljjang glasses look


It seems like Fridays are just those days I feel like putting makeup on for no reason! Today's "uhljjang glasses look" is taken from a YouTube video by Oiseau88, who runs this blog over [ here ] for your reading convenience. I randomly discovered her when YouTube recommended one of her videos for me and I immediately subscribed. Her videos are very casual/relatable with an emphasis on Korean pop-inspired makeup -- which I find myself enjoying -- and her tutorial-making style is very simplistic. I think she speaks well, with simplicity and eloquence, so I'm really happy whenever I see a new video from her. I also think her approach towards makeup is great: she likes to keep things minimalist, letting the natural features shine through instead of recreating anything wild and crazy. Sometimes I love seeing makeup at work, but most of the time I want to see a tutorial I can wear anytime. Oiseau88 does a lot of those, so I'm really glad.

The "Korean uhljjang glasses look" can be viewed [ here ] for your viewing convenience! I used this video more as a guide instead a strict tutorial; the look is primarily thick liner and eye-brightening shadows all over the lid and inner corners of the eye. Simple and clean, for the most part!

Products Used:
Wet 'n Wild Ultimate Sheer SPF15 tinted moisturizer in Sun-Kissed and Natural
E.L.F. Studio Line under-eye liquid concealer in Medium/Glow
Wet 'n Wild ColorIcon Kohl Pencil in Taupe
MAC MSF in Medium/Natural and Shimmer
E.L.F. Studio Line Blush in Candid Coral and Pink Passion
Urban Decay Primer Potion (original)
Profusion 88 ProEyeshadow Palette -- peach shadow, white shimmer highlight, yellow shadow highlight
Wet 'n Wild MegaEyes Creme Eyeliner in 887 Eggplant
NYX Eye/Eyebrow Pencil in 917 Purple
Revlon Colorburst lipstick in Coral

I use my lipsticks more as stains as opposed to actual lipsticks. I just don't jive well with the look of lipstick, I guess! But I have such a collection, aish...

Wet 'n Wild's cream eyeliner is the only cream/gel liner that doesn't smudge on me.

A closer look at the eye makeup. (Digital camera macro abilities, yay!)

I'm used to lining my eyes quite thinly with a liquid eyeliner as it's the the only time I don't have to worry about any color transferring to my lids, smearing, running, or general unsightliness when it comes to eyeliner. (I have hooded eyes.) However, the cream/gel eyeliner from Wet 'n Wild is some kind of amazing, since it dries so quickly that there's little to no transfer almost as soon as I line the eye. Of course this makes it a little difficult to work with, especially if I mess up, but I'll take the no-smearing over the slightly uneven application. I can always up the opacity with a little bit more work. I also love how the thicker liner makes the eyes stand out even behind glasses. And I just like the color purple. :)

Lately, I've really been into orange/coral. Might be the summer heat, or the fact that orange is really close to yellow in the color wheel -- I love yellow, it's the best color in the world to me -- but I've been collecting orange/coral lip colors and even blushers to the point where I have to really stop myself before I amass a collection. (No-buy? What no-buy?) So as of yesterday, my nails basically looked like this:


And my nail varnish is one of the discontinued Wet 'n Wild craze nail colors, this one is 230 Inferno. It's a badass orange.


Light formula, amazing pigmentation -- two coats to achieve perfect opacity -- and really cute packaging. As for wear time, I'm on my second day with the smallest of chips on my right thumbnail, courtesy of my own clumsiness. Why is this even discontinued?

Oh, and I watched "Cowboys & Aliens" yesterday. It was okay. That's the best compliment I can make for it, to be honest...then again, I won't lie, I really only watched it to see Harrison Ford. That man is badass, and he's sixty. I'll probably blog about that movie later, hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment