Tuesday, August 9

fucking over our diet

is a title I borrowed -- with a little tweaking -- from [ this blog ], run by Becky from [ Everyday Makeup ]. She's kind of incredibly awesome, fun, and her blog is relatable and straightforward, so she deserves every follower she's got. Anyway, I borrowed the F.O.O.D. acronym because this is basically a food entry, hehehe.

I found out from my kuya -- older brother in my native language -- that food trucks congregate at a Lowe's parking lot on Western and 222nd Street (in Torrance) every Thursday, and that they serve some pretty amazing food at somewhat decent prices. I won't say the food's cheap, but it is good, and there's a food truck for just about any craving. They serve all sorts of cuisines, so a foodie can wander that parking lot to their heart's content and possibly find something to satisfy them. I've only been there twice, so I haven't been able to eat from every food truck; besides, sometimes the trucks vary. I will, however, say it's a great place to spend a Thursday night, and it's not uncommon to see a bunch of people crowding around on seats or relaxing in their cars while munching some food truck findings. Don't go alone; this place is better with a crew. Eat some good food, make some great conversation -- that seems to be the food truck way around this place.

My mum had this awesome fish sandwich...just look at it!
It's nothing like a fast food fish burger, I can tell you that.

Poutine is a Canadian thing; it's French fries, gravy, and cheese curds.
I'm sorry, did you say fries and cheese curds?
This was my first food truck dinner! ♥ I loved it.

The next time I went with my brother and mum, I found a takoyaki truck.
Takoyaki is octopus in a ball of batter, topped with sauce and green onion.
I'm not a huge fan of octopus, but this was pretty yummy! :D

Next time, I think I'll try some Cuban food. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment