Friday, May 13

photos; RANIA style


It's Friday! It's been a long time since I played with my makeup -- I can see that my no-buy will last me forever -- so since it's the weekend, I thought I'd grab the treasure box and see what I could do to myself. I asked my friends on Twitter for some inspiration but ended up finding one on my own; I just based my makeup therapy off of Di from a Korean music group called Rania (RaNia?).


Rania is a relatively new Korean music group who just debuted with a song called 「DR FEEL GOOD」 -- it sounds a lot like Eurythmics' "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)" in the chorus if you listen; the music video can be found here but just as a warning: they're pretty risque in terms of how Korea views their girl groups. They're not like SNSD or even miss A. They're probably on the level of Brown Eyed Girls in terms of sex appeal, or even higher. But I really liked the smoky golden eyes all the girls wore in the MV, so I thought I'd try and get a toned-down, daytime version out of it. I'm not sure how successful I was.

Products Used:
Wet 'n Wild Ultimate Sheer SPF15 tinted moisturizer in Sun-Kissed
E.L.F. Studio Line under-eye liquid concealer in Medium
E.L.F. Shimmering Facial Whip in Golden Peach
E.L.F. Studio Line Blush in Peachy Keen
Wet 'n Wild Coloricon eye/brow pencil in Taupe
E.L.F. Mineral Eyeshadow Primer in Sheer
Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips in Sunset Strip
Wet 'n Wild creme eyeliner in 866 Black
Wet 'n Wild MegaLiner liquid liner in 868 Dark Brown
Wet 'n Wild Megalast retractable eyeliner in Black
NYC Sky High mascara in Black
L'Oreal Voluminous WP mascara in Black
Wet 'n Wild MegaLast lip color in 900B Pink Sugar
NYC Ultra Moist Lip Wear in Retro Red
Claire's lip gloss in Pink Lady

Of course I had to combine three different lip products to get a nude-ish, baby pink lip, lol. My life never goes smoothly!



I really love the Wet 'n Wild tinted moisturizer since it evens out my skin without covering it up completely. The Shimmering Facial Whip in Golden Peach helps with the glow I've got going on in photos, lol.


To emulate the Rania look, I used liner even in the inner corners of my eye for a really catlike shape, but I don't really like it much myself. I used liquid liner to sharpen those corners, too, and I don't think I want to do that again. My eyes started watering like nobody's business.

I'm in love with the Olay Pro-X cleansing tool. That thing keeps my skin so happy. I haven't had much problems with my face ever since it became a regular in my skincare routine. Love!

5 comments:

  1. Kon, you did such a good job! I don't know this girl, but she looks hot! The Wet n Wild tinted moisturizer looks really nice on your skin. It looks like you're not wearing anything at all.

    By the way, thanks for letting me know about the Chinese place. I will drag Kiko to eat there with me next time were in Torrance! Kiko and I went to Y Not burger a month ago lol and that was an old post hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Becky! Haha, I've been following Korean pop music recently so when the RaNia girls first came out, I was so wowed. They have a really "mature" image compared to most other Kpop girls who try for the cutesy, innocent, dolly style. And the WnW tinted moisturizer is my go-to base. It really evens my skintone out without covering me up completely. :D Too bad it only has four shades... :/

    Check out Seafood Town, you won't be disappointed. Their wonton soup is really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty look, it really suits you :)

    S
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are incredibly beautiful!

    This blog is my new favourite.

    All the best,
    Voe.
    _______________________________
    http://lipstick-and-pearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete