Saturday, March 5

photos; ELF haul (again!) and current color.

President's Day ELF haul! (There was a free shipping coupon!)

I heard about this deal from Becky ("Everyday Makeup") who made a post here, and I couldn't resist it; ELF has always been inexpensive, but I hated ordering stuff because of the killer shipping. The President's Day deal was free shipping for orders of $15 and up, though, so I had to buy. I got the Studio Line Kabuki Face Brush, Studio Line Blushes in "Peachy Keen" & "Pink Passion," their Shimmering Facial Whip in "Pink Lemonade" & "Golden Peach" (which I think is a new color?) and finally, their Mineral Eyeshadow Primer. I was really just after the kabuki and the primer, but since I needed to reach at least $15USD...well. :)

I haven't tried any of the blushers or facial whips, but I opened the primer straightaway. I use Urban Decay's Primer Potion right now, but right now I'm wearing the mineral primer to see if it keeps shadows from creasing. It's just a little experiment... (Meanwhile, I marvel over the kabuki brush. It's quite dense, but not as soft as I was expecting from reviews.)

While we're here, I also painted my nails for the first time in months!


I'm currently wearing Wet 'n Wild craze nail color in "Rustic/Rustique" on my nails. You can see how it looks with flash and without. I really like it; the color is kind of a chocolate bronze with nice shimmer. And the opacity! I'm wearing two coats and that was all it took. :) I really love these craze varnishes something fierce. I have all of the colors. ♥

Sadly, because of this latest ELF haul (and another little haul I forgot I did back last year during another sale), my makeup box is overloaded. That's a real sign that I need to stop the madness. I'm sticking to my makeup no-buy, I promise; the last thing I bought at a drugstore was a pack of cotton pads on sale at Rite-Aid because I was running out of cotton balls. I'm running low on witch hazel, though, so I'll be back to get another bottle in a few weeks...

Anyway, how's everyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment