Wednesday, February 16

blog; Late to the party.

Everyone and their mother (and this is not meant as a hyperbole, as I'm sure it's true) has heard about the amazing properties of the Clarisonic: deeper cleansing, minimize the appearance of pores, lessen blemishes, have great skin! My older sister's friend has a Clarisonic -- but she's not actually that fussed about it, really -- and it's the biggest thing in skincare nowadays, and of course, here I am, not just late to the party, but late to the party's afterparty.

(Though if Queen Renaldi -- movie version, not literary -- had her say...a queen is never late. Everyone else is simply early.)

The excitement about the Clarisonic has come and gone (since a lot of people probably already have it) and now the newest buzz is all about the Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System...which is a really long name for a skincare tool so I'm just going to say it's Olay's answer to the Clarisonic. A lot of people have been saying it's the cheaper-but-almost-as-effective version of the Clarisonic, and when it's put like that, I can't help but be interested. Olay's always been good to me -- I've been using Olay products pretty faithfully since my mother introduced me to their Original Active Hydrating Beauty Fluid -- and my daytime moisturizer is the Olay Complete with SPF 15 for Sensitive Skin. Nothing has budged Olay from my list of must-have skincare brands. My dad got me an entire set of expensive skincare products from French skincare brand DARPHIN, but while that stuff is actually really great, Olay remains close to my heart. (And easy on my wallet.)

So with a price tag of $30USD and boasting similar claims to the $200USD Clarisonic, I've decided with a ton of deliberation and a lot of Googling, plus a trip to MakeupAlley.com that I really want this thing and I am going to get it. Seriously, $30USD for lovely, healthy, glowing skin all year round? That's a no brainer! And unlike trying out a new cream or lotion or even foundation, trying out a new tool is a lot less risky, in my opinion. Besides, the MUA reviews on this thing are all pretty fantastic. (See here.)

Only problem? The thing's sold out just about everywhere. I've checked Target and a couple of the nearest CVS Pharmacies around my area, and I got nothing. But I'm nothing if not patient.

The current state of the skin: not too bad, but hormonal breakouts have arrived.

It will be mine. Oh yes. It will be mine. (Kudos to anyone who gets the movie I just referenced.)


In other news, go me! Something I wrote some time back got published on a tumblr. Clearly, this means I am moving on up in the world. ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment