Sunday, October 10

blog; Look me in the eye,

and tell it to me straight. Eyes are probably the most striking feature I wear on my face, and next to my hair -- Leos can be so vain about their manes, I tell ya, vain! -- is my favorite thing about myself. Apparently I have big eyes, and not that they need much help, but I love making them stand out.


The tools of the trade. (Plus under-eye concealer, of course.)

I have so many backups of the Wet 'n Wild brow pencil in Taupe that it's a little bit ridiculous. Whenever there's any kind of sale -- BOGO, BOGO half, 50% off -- I get a brow pencil or two. I really prefer using a pencil as opposed to a powder for my brows, just to help define the ends. The color is soft, too, it's not obvious as pencil even if it's a bit light for me. The spoolie helps with blending, though. Nice brows help frame the face, and the eyes. As for the mascara, that's L'Oreal's discontinued Panoramic Curl mascara, the waterproof version, and I hate that I'm on my first and last tube. I just discovered it when CVS was having that 50-75% off Beauty Sale a couple of months back. It's amazing: keeps a curl like nothing else, and lengthens, too. Doesn't flake, doesn't smudge, doesn't move. Sad that I found a possible HG only to have it snatched away by the business. The search for The Mascara continues.


The current candidate. Verdict? No.

I have the packaging right here next to me, and this mascara boasts "instant volume" right in print. Because it has collagen, or whatever. How much volume? It says "9x Volume" right here. Apparently the "Mega Brush" is supposed to help with this kind of thing. Do you want to know what "9x volume" looks like on me?


Seriously, Maybelline? No, seriously?

So that's going to be a no for The Colossal. My lashes are not even close to "colossal." When I think of "colossal" volume I think of actual, you know, volume. Those are my lashes on a regular day, but much darker. Oh, and the mascara has a really strong rose smell. It doesn't bother me -- though I'm not a fan of rose scents -- but it was still a little startling when I first opened the tube. Speaking of which, yellow mascara tube with purple accent? Do love. I love yellow, but I'm not buying this thing for the packaging.

Oh, and since I bought the washable version, this kills curls, too. That's a further no.

Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express retails for about $8 USD in drugstores. I paid less since I got it during a 40% off sale. Glad I waited. Was not impressed. Still loving the Panoramic Curl. L'Oreal continues to win the mascara battles: I'm still a huge fan of the L'Oreal Voluminous. I have two tubes in my dresser drawer right now for when I finish up Panoramic and Colossal. Oldie, but goldie. (I have a tube of L'Oreal's Extra Volume Collagen mascara, too, just so I can check that out.)

...what do you mean, I might have a mascara addiction?


...no idea what you're talking about.

Anyway, have a turtle. His name is Quicky, but I call him Q for short.


He's waving goodbye.
Peace out.

2 comments:

  1. love mascars but hate mascaras that fail >=[

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ ARES: Same, girl, same. Love it when mascaras do what they say but when they don't, it's such a waste!

    ReplyDelete