Thursday, September 30

blog; With actual substance!


Notice a big difference?

A childhood love of sodas and teas have rendered me a smile-mute; that is to say that when I smile, I do it close-lipped and quiet, without a hint of teeth. I was so embarrassed of my teeth, stained with chocolate and soda pop from years gone by. It doesn't help when almost everyone else around me seems to be free of this problem -- my brothers drink coffee (which is worse than soda in my opinion in terms of staining) and their smiles are downright dazzling. It's a real social handicap, being afraid to smile, especially because I love to laugh. I used to do it behind my hands. No, I wasn't being demure, I was being embarrassed.

After a lot of recent research, I decided to try and do something about it. After a lot of Google, and a lot of YouTube, I found that one Kandeejohnson teeth-whitening video, did some more research, and I've been using Plus White to whiten my teeth for the past week. Just one week and I'm already smiling. This makes me so happy.

And yeah, I'm still eating ice cream. Happy times two.


I've been trying to ease up on hauling, but somehow I've gone on a bit of a lipstick craze. I'm trying to find a good nude lipstick, which is why I tried Revlon's Matte lipstick in "Nude Attitude" and even Wet 'n Wild's MegaLast lipstick in 900B Pink Sugar but both wash me out. That bright lipstick is NYC's Ultra Last Lipwear in 405 Blue Rose, and I bought that just because the colour is so wild. It's hard to explain, but it's violet and I just couldn't resist. Also it was like $2. :( I'm wearing the Maybelline Colossal right now, but since it's the non-WP version it uncurled my lashes as soon as I put it on. And the volume? Not really seeing it...but we'll see once the formula starts to dry out a little.


My hair's starting to grow out; it always grows quickly in the summer.
Time to get a trim or something, maybe go shorter, with more layers.

My very good friend and awesome hairstylist ARES opened a new blog HERE. Check her out, she's absolutely awesome.


xox


PS: This rapidly-developing crush on Korean pop culture has surely overtaken my life.

4 comments:

  1. definitely going to try that whitening thing. For a long time, I've smiled the same way you do, depending on who I'm with. Luckily (and I was just telling them this last night actually haha) around my friends I feel comfortable enough to smile without really caring what I look like. ♥

    you're still gorgeous. ♥(:

    PS: my friend told me that she was going to do an intervention for my shinee addiction. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am loving that smile Kon! but then again your such a pretty girl.

    when your ready for a new look or just a trim, im here for you.

    OMG im getting into Korean pop too. its so weird. i never really get into asian pop culture. but i cant help it. 2NE1 is just rocking in my head all day now, especially CL. lol. Shinee is on its way there and their pop'n'lock is top noch. its crazy! lol. ok im done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Em: Just finished up my two weeks with the Plus White and while it's not bright white like a Crest commercial, my teeth definitely got brighter. I feel way less self-conscious about smiling, which makes me super happy. ♥

    LOL omg SHINEE. I have the biggest crushes on Minho and Taemin!


    @ ARES: Thanks, girl. ♥ The things a girl does for beauty, right? lol

    And yeah, as soon as I figure out EXACTLY whether I want to get that A-line bob or not I'm heading your way. I'll text you first, obviously.

    2NE1 is crazy good. CL is like this sassy female rapper in the group and she's so cute, and LMAO everyone loves SHINee! Their dancing is ace, though, but if you love the pop 'n lock, I'd recommend BEAST/B2ST.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not really a whitening fan but I love to take care of my hair. Ever since I was a kid I love to look good and get involved in my hair. But also there was a point in my life were whitening would also be my priority but no matter how hard I tried I just can't be as white as others. I have also tried Venetian Beauty Reviews were in I used the services for almost half a year.

    ReplyDelete