Saturday, June 26

blog; Updates and such.

ブログの皆さん、久しぶり~二週に書かなかった~
Hi, Blogger-folks, it's been a while! I haven't written in two weeks!

I wish I could say I've been fantastically busy, but actually, I haven't. Spring term (of school) ended the week before last, and last week had been dedicated to a weekend with a Japanese pop star making his performing debut in Los Angeles. Jin Akanishi performed three mini-concerts in the span of two days to a very excited audience -- believe me, I was there! -- at Club Nokia in Los Angeles, California. It was entirely too fun and I don't know where that weekend went!

Now, though, things are a little bit more sedate. I've just been enjoying being on holiday, relaxing and taking things easy, so there's not been much to blog about. :/ otherwise I'd be here every day. Summer goals include finally getting that driver's license (and maybe a car??) and possibly renewing my passport for the trip to the Philippines everyone in my family's been pushing me to go on.

Not that I don't want to go, but it's just I don't want to go right now. I love my family but I know the moment I land I'll be besieged by questions and comments such as:
"What are you doing now?"
"Are you finished with school yet?"
"Why are you taking so long?"
"Do you have a boyfriend?"
"Why don't you have a boyfriend?"
"I know someone, are you interested?"
and my favourite...
"But you look so pretty! I don't know why you don't have a boyfriend!"

and I am just not ready for that sort of grilling. Right now, the only grilling I want involves fish and maybe vegetable kabobs.


Hmm, what else? Well, I've been going pretty steady with the Wii. I can't believe I'm working out 5 days a week now! It's been really good. I've been feeling much better and my metabolism's gone a bit mad. I used to eat small snacks quite often, but now I have to make sure to have salads and healthy snacks on hand, or I'll eat just about anything I can get my hands on! It's a good thing that working out has given me a healthier mindset, because I've been trading in salty snacks and microwavable dinners for learning to cook with variation and a lot of salads. It's gotten to the point that I don't even really think about burgers and fries anymore. I mean, sure, they're great, but...hmm.

I'm not sure whether to be happy or sad about this, to be perfectly honest. :(


Although tonight my dad took me to Claim Jumper's and I tried their new Citrus-Serrano Shrimp Pasta. It's pretty good, by the way, and the garlic cheese toast side is scrumptious. But despite my now-busy metabolism, I couldn't even put a dent in my plate. Seriously, I went at it for a good five minutes and it looked like I hadn't touched it when I gave up! On the bright side, I'll get to have it again for lunch later today (it's almost 3am as I write this)...and maybe even dinner...it's a lot of food.


In addition to getting physically fit, I've been trying to get mentally and emotionally fit, too. Been doing a lot of thinking. My personal life's been pretty odd this past month so I've been trying to stay at a good place. I think I might start meditating again to keep myself level.

I try not to get too sad. It's summertime; my birthday will be coming before I know it.

I want to go on a getaway.



今日は・・・面白かった。
Today was...interesting.

2 comments:

  1. Those questions = the story of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for working out!

    I just started to work out on a regular basis again now that my life seems to have settled down a bit and I can maintain something more consistent.

    Good luck on your workout! I have to drag my grumbling bf to do it with me. :D

    ReplyDelete