Thursday, May 27

blog; Makeup for glasses,

courtesy of Michelle Phan.


I didn't do that teal eye shadow thing, though. I was just playing around, anyway. I didn't even put on concealer and foundation, haha.

I picked up a couple of things from the CVS Beauty Clearance sale that's going on. Items with stickers on them are either 50% or 75% off. I picked up mascara. You guys don't understand how much I needed new mascara. I'd been running off my Rimmel Glam'Eyes since 2010 started. That stuff was starting to clump something fierce. Admittedly, I had the Rimmel SexyCurves as a backup, but...we just won't go there. (Hey, self, maybe you should review those two before you chuck 'em? Ooh, good idea...)

Anyway, the CVS I frequent had pretty slim pickings, but I managed to snag two mascaras nonetheless. (I'm willing to try out any mascara that isn't the Maybelline Great Lash.)


I might hunt around another CVS for more mascara, but with these two and that L'Oreal Voluminous WP I got from Target on the cheap ($5US instead of the usual $8US, yer yer yer!), I've got some time to kill.

Using the Rimmel Volume FLASH Mousse for the next three months. MakeupAlley reviews made me worry, but it's left a pretty good first impression on me so far~


Juxtaposing these two pictures just looks so bizarre...

Anyway, my lashes feel nice and soft (must be the mousse texture) and they're lengthened. The 5x volume is pretty much a lie from what I'm seeing, but I'm willing forgive it for the lengthening. I really am. (When it comes to mascara, I'm pretty easy to please.)

Rimmel, with your awesome foundation and your yummy-smelling lipsticks, plus these nice mascaras, you're fast becoming one of my top drugstore brands...!

4 comments:

  1. without concealer and foundation? you have really great skin ^_^

    by the way, missiko just emailed me saying that they just sent your package today via ups :) yay! so it should be coming soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks! I really try to keep my skin from going too crazy...mostly because I'm too lazy to put on concealer/foundation... o_o;

    Oh, yay! I'm so excited! :) thank you!~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kon are you Filipino? I'm super shocked right now lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, yes! One hundred percent Filipina. :) pero I came here to Cali when I was super young so...my Tagalog is really bad. :(

    ReplyDelete