Thursday, April 29

photos; Love's ABO

Japanese idol group NewS consists of six members: Yamashita Tomohisa, Nishikido Ryo, Tegoshi Yuya, Koyama Keiichiro, Kato Shigeaki, and Masuda Takahisa. They're popular in Japan as a group of attractive, talented young men who sing catchy tunes about love, 頑張って! (do your best!), and various other feel-good emotions. There's the occasional sad ballad, but usually these guys are pretty peppy and sweet.

One of their songs is called 「恋のABO」, which I loosely translate to "Love's ABO." The letters A, B, and O stand for the different blood types, as the Japanese have this idea that blood types determine personality, so complementary blood types mean a good love match...or something like that.

Okay, I didn't really do much research on the meaning behind the song -- all I know is it sounds like disco music and NewS gets to wear funny glasses when they perform it live.

Today I was inspired by one of those glasses (which I actually own).


A look comprised of green, yellow and violet.





I actually really love this song too. It's so bad but in an awesome disco way.

No comments:

Post a Comment