Wednesday, March 31

blog; Clearance sale.

I had one week left of Lent and I broke it unbelievably thanks to Rite-Aid's 75% off clearance sale for all Wet 'n Wild products that are going to be discontinued. This is as close to madness as I'm going to go, because...well, it's seventy-five percent off. And these things are going to be discontinued. How "now or never" was this scenario, I ask you?

Right now Rite-Aid is having a pretty massive sale on a lot of beauty things. I dropped by on a whim -- a cold, windy, terrible whim -- and not only was Wet 'n Wild on clearance, but:
*choice Revlon cosmetics were BOGO 1/2 off,
*choice NYC items were also on clearance,
*Maybelline had some things on BOGO 1/2 off,
*CoverGirl was the same as Maybelline,
*Rite-Aid beauty tools (sponges, cotton) were BOGO FREE.

That's all I can remember from the top of my head. Oh, and Jesse's Girl was on clearance (75% off) but the clearance items -- eyeliners -- were completely wiped by the time I got there.

I also forgot to mention: all lip products are BOGO 1/2 off. I'm not sure how that works, since it's supposed to span all brands, but...well, you can figure it out at your local Rite-Aid, I think. It might, of course, differ by location.

So anyway. Wet 'n Wild stuff on clearance. Most of the stuff they were practically giving away are pretty much discontinued. This means the Ultimate Expressions Palettes, the Eye Expressions cream shadow palettes, and the old eye shadow trios. The blushes and the bronzers were also on clearance, so anyone lemming the soon-to-vanish Acapulco Glow bronzer (which is really a highlighter, last I heard) should probably head out to whichever Rite-Aids are selling the last of those.

In addition to those, MegaColors lipsticks are also discontinued and are on clearance, as well as some colours from the SilkFinish lipstick line. The only thing that pisses me off about this is that my favourite red lipstick ever is from the MegaColors lipstick line. So, faced with this intense dilemma, I did what any normal, makeup-loving, "I found my HG and I can't believe you're taking it away from me!" girl would do. I broke Lent and bought all the red lipsticks I could lay my greedy Asian hands on.

...except for the nasty-looking tubes. Um, no thanks.


Three of these six tubes are the same colour.
That colour would be 904A Cherry Blossom.


My original tube of 904A Cherry Blossom (standing).
I bought three backups, because I love the colour that much.
Also, 75% off means each tube was like 47 cents.


The only SilkFinish lipstick I bought amongst the six.
Colour is 501B Tokyo-a-Pink-Pink, priced at 24 cents.


left; 911C Iridescent Pink
right; 909C Giddy
Both of these cost 47 cents, as well.


Here's my amateur colour description of each lipstick I got:
*904A Cherry Blossom: is a blue-based, bright red lipstick that has tints of mauve in direct sunlight. Not a true red, but I don't care much because it looks pretty fucking great on my lips.
*501B Tokyo-a-Pink-Pink: has the most ridiculous name in the SilkFinish lipstick line, but is a creamy, peach/coral-toned pink. I might nab another tube tomorrow because it looks really nice.
*911C Iridescent Pink: is the most useless, sheerest shade of light pink ever, but is infused with such an insane amount of silver & gold sparkle I want to rename it "Cullen."
*909C Giddy: is a gorgeous milky bubblegum pink with a subtle hint of silver sparkle. It's the most impractical out of the bunch, but it's so beautiful, no lie. This is like...my pink nude lip lipstick. Agh.

(And I totally lied about 911C Iridescent Pink being the most useless, sheerest shade of light pink ever. That dubious honour goes to NYC's Ultra Moist LipWear lipstick in 312 Chiffon. I could've spent that 99 cents on two delicious tacos from Jack-in-the-Box, what the hell.)

The sad part about this? I don't even wear lipstick that often -- thanks to my trusty tea addiction, I don't have the teeth for it. But oh, clearance sales. Clearance sales. You will be the death of me. And I say this in jest, because six tubes of mostly awesome lipstick cost me just $3.

But seriously, I need a new liquid eyeliner. I should focus on that, first...

No comments:

Post a Comment